21 September, 2015

Theocracy Now

So, here's the two men who prior to the recent debate were the frontrunners (with about half the votes between them) for the Republican nomination to be President of the United States, on the question of a Muslim president.

Ben Carson:

Chuck Todd: Should a president's faith matter...to voters ?
Ben Carson: Well, I guess it depends on what that faith is.  If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter.  But, if it fits within the realm of America, and consistent with the constitution, no problem.
CT: So, do you believe that Islam is consistent with the constitution ?
BC: No, I don't, I do not.  I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation.  I absolutely would not agree with that.

And would his answer be any different if he were asked about an Atheist or Agnostic ?  Well, see how he (fails to) answer the straightforward question* 'Does the Bible have authority over the constitution ?' for a clue.


Donald Trump:

Chuck Todd:
Can you imagine supporting or being comfortable if a Muslim ever became President of the United States ?
Donald Trump:
I can say that y'know it's something that at some point could happen.  We'll see.  I mean, y'know, it's something that could happen.  Would I be comfortable ?  I don't know if we have to address it right now.  But I think it is certainly something that could happen...I mean some people have said it already happened, frankly, but of course you wouldn't agree with that.

That was a bold statement, right there, alright.  I'm convinced that Trump isn't biased against Islam, and all Muslims.

For that matter, I'm convinced that the entire spectrum of Republican candidates, from Huckabee to Rand Paul aren't all theocrats and/or fascists at heart.**


* The answer is No.

** </Lie-mode>


Update: Carson doubles down on his comments, even managing to mention 'Taqiyya'.  Someone been reading Geller & Spencer ?

No comments:

Post a Comment