12 March, 2015

Blurred Lines/Got to Give It Up

Wasn't honestly familiar with either of these songs prior to the headline on the case against Williams & Thicke.  Having now listened to both, my personal opinions, not that you cared, are that a) neither impress me all that much, though if I'm honest, with no disrespect to Marvin, I much prefer the Pharrell track to the meandering Gaye piece  (though in my ignorance, I admit there could be other alternate versions of both tracks), and b) This is one of the most pathetic claims of plagiarism I've ever heard in pop history.  So, some similar percussive instruments and rhythms were used in the overall pieces ?  So, the fuck what ?

And now, that's fifteen minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Nothing against Marvin or his family, but if anything, I think I'm more sympathetic towards Pharrell & Thicke (regards whom I previously had no opinion whatsoever) than before.  Fuck this shit.

Blurred Lines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDUC1LUXSU
Got to Give It Up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7Q1OAzITM

No comments:

Post a Comment